Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device and other software are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Cookies can be classified by their lifespan, the domain to which they belong and place of storage.
By lifespan, cookies are either:
- session cookies which are erased when the user closes the browser – session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- persistent cookies which remain on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). Persistent cookies help us to recognise you, so it’s easier to return to our Website or interact with our service without having to sign in or change your settings every time. After you sign in,
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain or
Taking into account where cookies are stored, there are:
- browser cookies that are sent by a website and stored on the user’s browser. Browser cookies store less than Flash cookies and only the browser where the cookies are stored may access them.
- flash cookies are known as local shared objects and they are different from browser cookies because of the amount, type and manner in which the data is stored. They are stored outside of the browser and they may be accessed by multiple browser on same computer.
Which cookies do we use and what is their purpose?
We use all types of cookies that are explained above. A detailed description of our cookies, their functions and sources can be found below.
Essential cookies are necessary for our website to work effectively. They help make the website usable by enabling basic functionalities like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. This type of cookies may be used to protect and accelerate our website by automatically optimising the delivery of our content. This is how you get the fastest page load times and best performance. Also, essential cookies may be used for security reasons and to identify our trusted visitors. They may filter bots and distinguish them from legitimate users, preventing any form of spam activity on our website.
These cookies do not correspond to any user ID in our web application, nor do the cookies store any personally identifiable information. We advise you not to switch off these cookies. If you set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, please be aware that after doing so, some parts of the webpage may not work.